Miss Pichen

Miss Pichen

Friday, January 17, 2014

My LUSH Loves



Okay, let's just be serious for a minute. How amazing is LUSH? 
I've never really been aware of this brand and have just recently gotten into it. But, oh man, they got me. 
Their cosmetic is...
1. handmade out of fresh fruits, vegetables and essential oils
2. free of animal testing, 100% vegetarian, 83% vegan
3. 60% free of preservatives
All three criterions already sound really good to me. But now that I've tried a few products I'm convinced by the brand. Not only do their products smell delicious, but for me they all work as well. Since everything is made with natural ingredients it is very soothing and easy on the skin. 
My two current favorites are Grease Lightning and the Lip Scrub in Mint Julips. 

Grease Lightning


Grease Lightning is a gel that fights blemishes and spots. Some of the ingredients are thyme, rosemary and most important tea tree oil. Tea tree oil has a sanitizing effect and is indeed the most effective product to get rid of blemishes with. Whenever I have a spot (which we all do from time to time, so don't feel alone), I include this blemish gel into my skin care routine, at night and in the morning. Since it can be drying sometimes, I put it on before moisturizing and after cleansing my face. A tiny drop on the actual spot already works wonders. Say you were to have a big red blemish right on your forehead (haha, sorry for the horrible example) and you were to put on a little Grease Lighting before you go to bed. I promise you, the next morning, your spot will have vanished almost completely. If you are left with a little bit of redness, you could always use a tiny little bit of concealer to even it out. There is one downside to the package of this product. I find it difficult to measure the perfect amount with the pump. Sometimes, I end up having to smear the gel all over my face because I can't get it back into the bottle. Apart from that, I love this product and I would recommend it to everyone, especially teenagers (I know what I'm talking about, haha) who struggles with blemishes, no matter what skin type. 



Lip Scrub in Mint Julips



First of all, can we talk about how amazing the Mint Julips Scrub smells?! The scent was actually the reason why I bought it in the first place. It smells exactly like mint chocolates, like After Eight. So if you're a sucker for fresh and deliciously sweet flavors, you're going to love it. Especially, because it is made out of all natural ingredients, so that you can lick it off your lips after scrubbing them. The product mainly consists of sugar, jojoba oil, vanilla extract and peppermint oil and is completely vegan. It is perfect to scrub all the dead skin off your lips and because of the essential oils it makes them incredibly soft. It is not too rough on your lips either, but gives the perfect amount of exfoliation. I usually use it at night, before putting on a rich lip balm. In the morning, I wake up with super soft lips. Who doesn't want lips that feel like baby skin? 


Keep smiling,
xoxo

Pichen







No comments:

Post a Comment