Miss Pichen

Miss Pichen

Monday, January 13, 2014

#1 Music Monday

You might have heard this song before. It is from a band called "The Frames" and featured in the Irish movie "Once" (a very beautiful and heart-warming film, by the way). The band has been quite influential in the Dublin rock music scene since being founded by lead singer and guitarist Glen Hansard. They play a mixture of rock, indie rock and folk and have brought out six albums over the years. However, my favorite song still is "Falling Slowly", sung by Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova for the movie "Once".
The original is very slow and pretty with a guitar and a piano as instruments. I do still really love the original, but I thought I'd put a new spin on it and do a little up-beat cover version. So here it is. Enjoy :)



You can also find it on Sound Cloud.

Ps.: I was thinking of making this a series. So every monday, I'm going to do a short post on something related with music. Either a song tip, or a cover or whatever comes to my mind?!

Keep smiling,
xoxo

Pichen

1 comment:

  1. We can't believe we have never heard this song before! You should definitely make this series a regular! We love discovering new songs

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete