Miss Pichen

Miss Pichen

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Maybelline Color Tattoos vs. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow

Maybelline Color Tattoos vs. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow



I'm going to kick this blog off with a post about one of my favorite and most essential beauty product of all time. Let's talk eyes!
Since I'm still going to school, and to be honest I don't really have time and patience in the morning to put on a lot of make up, a cream eyeshadow is a great option. Also, I don't fancy looking all dolled up for school, however, if I were to go out for drinks later I could easily dramatize my eye look by building up the product. 
The Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow as well as the Maybelline Color Tattoo are both perfect to slap on and quickly blend with fingers. Good to just wear on it's own with a simple make up look but also useful as a base for loose eyeshadows to stick to. Even though they basically do the same job, after testing them both out for a while now, I did develop a preference. 


The Maybelline Color Tattoo



In the pot, the consistency of this product is like every other cream shadow quite hard. However, the second you touch it with your finger it warms up and turns into a cream that is perfectly easy to blend. If I wear it on it's own I usually don't even need a brush to blend it. After you've put this baby on and it has dried, it is not going to budge!!!
I don't quite approve of the 24hr lasting power, which it claims on the package. But who wears an eyeshadow for 24 hours anyway? Based on my experience it usually lasts about 10 to 12 hours without creasing, which is a miracle with my eyelids. I seem to have super oily eyelids that's why I tend to still wear an eyeshadow primer underneath it. However, I'd say if you have normal eyelids you would be perfectly fine without a primer. Just depends on what you prefer. 

35-On and on Bronze
I own the color 35-On and on Bronze, which is the most perfect brown-ish bronzy tone and an easy day to day color. My other favorite is 70-Metallic Pomegranate. I don't think the name is all that fitting since it is more of a cranberry color. A dark purple with a touch of red and tiny gold particles running through it, but very easy to wear. So if you are scared of trying red eyeshadow, this would be a great option to test as a gradation of the scary color. 

70-Metallic Pomegranate
They are both eyeshadows with a subtle shimmer but very easy to wear and perfect for make up newcomers. In my opinion this does the job perfectly and is great value for money. 
Retail prize: $8,50, €6,99 (save 20% right here)


Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow

Skinny Jeans
The Creaseless Cream Shadow has the same texture as the Color Tattoos, however I find that it is a littler harder to blend. With this one I need to use a primer and it still smudges so easily. After a couple of hours I usually notice some creasing going on already with this product, which is very disappointing.  It doesn't claim any specific lasting power on the package, however from a product with the name "Creaseless" shadow I would expect at least a few hours without creasing. Am I not right in that perspective?
I've only tried the color Skinny Jeans, which, I must admit is maybe not the right color to judge the whole range on. It is sort of a light grey shimmery shade which is too dark for me to wear on a day to day basis. I've had my eyes on the colors Birthday Suit and Bikini Tini for a while so I might look into getting them. I'll keep you posted.
Retail Prize: $26,35, €19,38 (buy right here)

All in all the Maybelline cream eyeshadow is the best drugstore one out there for sure and I would say it is great value for money. I prefer it over the benefit ones and I recommend you all to try it out :)

Keep smiling,
xoxo

Pichen

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the 35-On and on Bronze looks amazing , i would definitely get one soon ^_^.
    nice blog btw.

    http://foreignfashionblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete