Miss Pichen

Miss Pichen

Friday, June 6, 2014

My 5 Must-Haves for Summer

Hello, guess what...I am still alive.
And apparently it is already summer. WHAT? Where has spring gone? I feel like time flies by so fast, it's incredible.
Anyways, I present to you my five MUST-HAVES for the summer months.


Sunscreen

A good sunscreen is so important. UV radiation can cause a lot of damage on your skin, worst of all skin cancer. Furthermore, it forwards the development of wrinkles and the skin will soon look very aged. Especially the face is a very decadent and sensitive area that we need to thoroughly take care of.
I am very strict and cautious when it comes to the sun. I prefer fake tanning over sun bathing any time and in the summer months I don't leave the house without sun protection on. For the body I usually opt for at least SPF 25 and for the face I currently enjoy using the Kiehl's Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50. The formula is really light, so it doesn't feel greasy or heavy on the skin at all. Neither does it have the typical sunscreen smell, but is hardly scented at all, which is very pleasant.
But don't get me wrong here. I love the sun and I love being outside in the sun, just not exposed to direct sunlight for hours and never without protection.




Sandals

For me a good pair of sandals are essential for summer. Preferably one that is durable and most importantly comfortable. Whether you are going to take a walk along the beach, to the next ice cream stand or in the park, you don't want to get blisters.
Whenever summer comes around, I basically live in my Birkenstocks. I swear to you, they are the most comfortable and practical things ever, they look cool and they go with any outfit. So get yourselves some cute and comfy sandals and your footsies will thank you :)




Nail Polish 

Yes, I will admit that nail polish is a big part of my life. So consequently it is a must-have for summer as well. This time of the year, I usually go for bright and cheerful colors. My favorites are pastels (Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in "Mint For Life", Essie "bond with whomever") but I also love me a great, vibrant pink ;) For example the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in "Speedy Sunburst".
When I have the time I also enjoy creating cute designs and patterns. I can literally spend hours drawing tiny flowers or dots on my nails, so much fun. So whip out your favorite summer colors and get painting. 
Ps.: Don't forget those foot nails, because if you are wearing sandals they also deserve some love and color.




Tinted Lip Balm 

In the summer I prefer wearing light products on my skin. So rather than having to maintain a bold lip color (which can be quite challenging at times), I tend to go for a tinted lip balm. You can just slap it on without having to find a mirror or worrying about smudging it everywhere. Another bonus would be to have SPF already included in the lip balm. Because even though we usually forget or neglect it, our lips need sun protection as well.
I really like the Maybelline Baby Lips, because they come in different colors and scents and they are super moisturizing. On top they have SPF 20.




Skirts and Dresses

Every year, when summer finally rolls around, I get so excited to break out all my summer clothes. I do actually own quite the collection of dresses, but I think they are just the most perfect items for summer. They are super comfortable, easy to just throw on and suitable for any occasion. 
My latest favorite has been this long, flowing skirt from Gina Tricot. The color is very unique (a mix between lilac and pale blue) and it is so incredibly comfortable. Can't stop wearing it. 



So, I hope you got a little bit inspired and are as excited for summer as I am (obviously only if it is summer for you right now, where ever you live).
If you'd like, leave a comment below telling me your must-haves for summer. I'd love to hear them.

Keep smiling,
xoxo

Pichen

No comments:

Post a Comment